Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

Christmas Day wonderful now exhausted.....

SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Cancer Coffee Break
Happy Boxing Day to you all.

I don't know about you but usually at the end of Christmas Day I feel absolutely shattered. 
Usually a very early start ( still, even with teenagers!), lots going on, family visiting, a seemingly, wonderful never-ending supply of gifts, all intermingled with lovely food, wine and treats. Just lovely, but the feeling of exhaustion by the time evening arrives is difficult to ignore. 
I am healthy, getting fitter and not undergoing any treatment, and am still so tired. 
Put cancer and treatment in the mix of all this and the fatigue and exhaustion is magnified. If this is you today, don't  fight the tiredness, rest. Blanket, film/dvd, comfort food, warmth, is the order of the day. 
Rest well.

Lou x

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @Sunshinedaff
    Good evening Lou, good to hear from you. 
    It sounds as though you had a lovely Christmas, Not surprised that you were exhausted by the evening. I was exhausted just reading your post. 😴 Great to hear that you are healthy, fit and not undergoing treatment. A recipe for a Happy New Year and wonderful to hear. 

We had lunch with friends at a great restaurant today, Boxing Day. We decided that we needed someone else to do the hard work for a day. It was lovely to be waited on hand and foot and it was back to roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. Yum, yum.  I am shattered myself now. Happy to be retired. 

Trust everyone had a good Christmas.

Cheers
    Rob x

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RobertA

Hi Rob,

Good to hear you also had a lovely day.
    Going out for Christmas lunch sounds lovely, we haven't done that for years. Although I love cooking and baking, I do also love eating out. Maybe I should suggest it for next year! Haha! 
    We had Roast Rib of beef, family tradition, it was delicious. Hope you are feeling rested today, back to routine for us, up at 4.30 to get eldest to work. Lovely to see the sunshine today, although very cold. 

Lou x