Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Managing Day-to-day Life with Cancer

Latest COVID 19 Updates....

LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 719 mod

Good evening everyone,

Well it has been a week of several changes and announcements.

I thought it might be helpful to put the latest government guidelines here.

There has been much chopping and changing between tiers and Christmas arrangements, bubbles, all becoming very fluid. It has been difficult I am sure for many to feel able to make solid arrangements. The thought of not being able to see loved ones or having to choose between which bubble to join with is naturally stressful for many. However, there are thousands who have been impacted directly by covid in the most terrible way, and my heart and thoughts go out to all of them even when I don't know them.

All of us understand the need to all do our part to maintain health and safety restrictions to prevent and limit the spread of covid.

Living with cancer in the midst of this is all the more difficult and important.

If you are really struggling with anxiety and stress because of all this, please know you can reach out here to chat with any of us.

There is also the Stress and Anxiety forum, recently started where you can chat and find some wisdom and insight from others.

The covid link has been copied from the BBC news. I hope it works ok.

I hope you all and your families continue to stay covid-free, take care and stay safe.

Chat soon,

Lou x

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 719 mod

Good evening everyone,

Yesterday's announcement detailing further restrictions with the changes in Tier groups in England and Wales must have affected many more people, including some in the community here.

Such sudden changes are not easy to accommodate, although necessary.

Please reach out to us here if you are struggling, especially if feeling more isolated than ever as a result of Christmas plans being thwarted due to covid.

We are here throughout the Christmas period and beyond to chat and provide support and a friendly chat, or virtual coffee.

Thinking of you all, wishing you a peaceful, blessed Christmas as much as is possible in the circumstances.

Chat soon,

Lou xx

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good evening everyone,

I am pretty sure everyone is now aware of the latest COVID updates with more areas going into further restrictions and lockdown.

Just in case you have missed it for some reason I will post the latest news in a link below.

Once again if anyone is struggling please shout and reach out, we are always here with a listening ear and friendly smile.

Take care everyone, chat soon, Happy New Year, may 2021 bring better days for us all.

Lou x