Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

Good afternoon...Happy Christmas....

LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 781 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Cancer Coffee Break
Hi, 

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Christmas, I know it is sometimes hard to think 'Happy Christmas' when in the middle of treatment, or surgery etc, or even because of the fact cancer appeared. I do hope those who are having chemo, or treatment, get a break over the holidays so you can enjoy quality time with family and friends. 
I know it's only Friday, but for some, the holidays start today. Enjoy.  :)<3

Best wishes, 

Lou x

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @LouiseJ
    Hello Lou
    What a great post and nice to see your lovely pic too. 

It is exactly two years to the day that I was first diagnosed with cancer. I was not surprised that I had it to be honest. CT and MRI scans, blood tests, cameras and biopsies were a pretty big clue. 🤔
    It was a very trying and worrying time of course, but my sister and her husband were coming for Christmas and my wife and I decided to keep it to ourselves. In fact, they soon guessed that something was not right and so we decided to tell them. It was the right decision and we were then able to put it to one side and set out to have the Christmas of a lifetime, Too much wine, too many mince pies and chocs etc.  One of the best we have ever had. 

As you say, let's hope we can all kick cancer to one side for a few days and have some fun.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Rob X 🎉

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RobertA

Hi Rob, 
    It is interesting when we reach certain 'anniversary's' how we are taken back to those moments in time, we instantly re-live them. Crystal clear conversations, emotions, etc all come back into sharp focus.
    This time of year also reminds me of where we were three years ago, at the start of chemo, my head not even round the fact I had cancer. Processing all of that didn't really happen until a long time afterwards. 
    I expect trying to keep news like this quiet from your sister would have been very difficult. I love it that you had one of your best Christmasses ever....I hope that this year will be as enjoyable, even if quieter.

Thank you for your kind comments, you'd have laughed if you'd seen me trying to work out how to put a pic up! haha =)

Lou x
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Christmas, hope everyone is having a good day. There is always someone here to chat to if wanted. 
    Bless you all.

Lou x