NHL Recurrence six months after completing treatment - Now What?

CarmenECarmenE Posts: 1
Need to hear encouraging thoughts about Lymphoma recurrence and what comes next. Thanks, Live Better community. 

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 319 mod
    @CarmenE

Hi Carmen, 

I am so sorry that you have had a recurrence of NHL. I hope you are able to have further treatment, if that is possible. Can your Dr fast track you through the system to get things moving quickly for you? 
    I don't know a lot about NHL, I had breast cancer, but I hope perhaps someone else in the community may do, having had similar experience to yourself.
    I hope you will find this community a friendly, supportive place, from my own experience I would say stay positive, look forwards, don't give up.  :)

Lou x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @CarmenE
    Yes, I echo @louiseJ  So sorry to hear about your lymphoma recurrence. I am sure that there's someone in this community who can help. 
    I have found this community to be very supportive and friendly and I am sure that you will too.

Rob x

• gloden02gloden02 Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Hi CarmenE. I have T cell NHL. Finished Chemo in August. I have had another lump since and saw my oncologist Dec 19. It is healing well and he said no need for biopsy or pet scan. Seeing him again Jan 15. Although mine is a blood cancer my appears as lumps/sores on the skin surface and after. Biopsy heal on the surface. So far thank God not in the organs. Mine is a rare one and unpredictable so I am worried it’s back. Wishing us both good news or good treatment. Keep in touch. Good to talk. Glo xx
  • CocogoldieCocogoldie Posts: 6
    Hi Carmen, my husband had NHL and it came back, he then had Stem Cell transplant 15 months ago now and is doing well, please ask your Dr about Stem Cell for you Good Luck 
  • Straw1971Straw1971 Posts: 15

HELLO EVERYONE ..I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH NHL DBCL DOUBLE HIT LYMPHOMA.HAD MY DA EPOCH R 2 SESSIONS ONLY.AND SENT ME FOR PET SCAN. AND RESULT CAME BACK WITH TUMOR ON THE SAME SITE NOT TO ANY ORGAN S🙏 HE DECIDED TO PUT ME INTO R CHOP TODAY AND WILL HAVE RADIOTHERAPY AFTER. I DONT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT COULD BE THE OUTCOME OF THIS TREATMENT . I WILL SEE FROM THIS POINT AND I WILL SHARE WHAT MY JOURNEY WILL BE .

• Rambler67Rambler67 Posts: 3

Hi Straw,

Very sorry to read you have a blood cancer. I too have a blood cancer, Hairy Cell Leukaemia which has come back.

Treatments are effective for cancers and new ones are coming out often these days.

I started treatment a month ago, treatment in itself can be scary to but I try keeping busy and use my support when things feel like they're getting to me.

A good support I found to be is Maggie's Cancer Support. I often go through the week. The welcome is warm and staff can help on many levels. There are many Maggie's centres around the UK, it's likely there will be one near you.

Keep in touch and good luck with you treatment.

Mark.

• Straw1971Straw1971 Posts: 15

Hello Mark. .JUST CAME OUT FROM HOSPITAL FOR MY LAST CHEMO SESSION AND WILL DISCUSS RADIOTHERAPY TREATMENT ON THE 25TH.I WAS THERE IN MAGGIES CENTER LAST TIME BUT WAS NOT BACK SINCE THEN. I WILL TRY TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THEM AGAIN. HOW SOON YOUR LYMPHOMA CAME BACK AFTER TREATMENT?