Homeβ€Ί Cancer Expert Q&A Hubβ€Ί Cancer Coffee Break

Goodbye June..Hello July....

LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi-de-hi. Good afternoon campers 😁(Am I showing my age, a little too much methinks, haha😁)

Well here we are, July 1st, I would say 'how have we got here?', but we all know how that has happened.

What I struggle to get my head around is how fast the time has gone. Day 100 of lockdown.

I have heard some say how they can't wait to see the back of 2020, I don't necessarily hold with that view, even though we have had some very dark days in our household this year. I am one who always wants time to slow down, I don't wish my days away. I think I am too aware of how precious life and time is especially with family and loved ones.

I here a saying every now and then..

So far you have survived 100% of your worst days. You are doing great.

I like this, it spurs me on to think I can survive other dark, worse days that may come down the line sometime.

As we all know here in the community, living with cancer, cancer treatment, the fear of cancer returning, brings with it dark days for sure. Sometimes we need bucketful's of steely, gritty determination to get through it all.

If this is you right now, I encourage you to hang on in there. We are all here should you need support, encouragement or a pair of ears to listen.

Thinking of you all,

Chat soon,

😊

Lou x

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

@LouiseJ

Good evening Lou

What a lovely, timely message. You are so right, time has just flown by this year and we will be talking about Christmas before we know where we are.

Three and a half years ago, I was told that I had a 70% chance of five more years. It concentrated my and Mary’s minds like never before and we started to review what really matters in life and what is not so important. We decided to live more in the present and let the future take care of itself.

I know that there have been some dark days for all of us and coping with cancer, anxiety, lockdown, job losses and other difficult life situations can sometimes make you want to quickly move on. Life is so precious though and as you say, every day is there to be experienced.

For my own part, my future looks a lot better than it did when I was diagnosed and I am really grateful for that. Progress in cancer treatments has been remarkable in recent years and we have read lots of encouraging and heartwarming stories from Community members of late.

Yes, we are here to support, listen and encourage one another and being part of this community is just the best. Let’s all make the most of every day and keep in touch too.

Rob x πŸ‘πŸ˜

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobertA

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the late reply! πŸ˜€

The progress in cancer research is very positive for many people, as we have said before here, there has been a lot of breakthrough, and treatments have become more widely accessible. Obviously there are still many cancers for which very little is known about, but we have to keep hoping that time will change that, with continuing research.

I am so pleased for you that you have found this to be so in your own diagnosis, we have to remain positive, and hopeful that further breakthroughs and developments will occur.

Chat soon my friend,

Lou xx