Blondie3862

What do you use to help with hair thinning? I'm receding more and more and cant cover one side with hair as there isn't any. I'm on methotrexate but not for cancer for auto immune arthritis. .
I've had cancer and I'm now 6 years clear.
Also how do you combat the side effects of chemo drugs affecting your immune system? 

Answers

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 361 mod
    What do you use to help with hair thinning? I'm receding more and more and cant cover one side with hair as there isn't any. I'm on methotrexate but not for cancer for auto immune arthritis. .
    I've had cancer and I'm now 6 years clear.
    Also how do you combat the side effects of chemo drugs affecting your immune system? 
    Hi, 

Wonderful that you are 6yrs clear. Always good to hear news like that.
    My hairdresser said massaging my scalp while I am washing my hair may help. My hair is still quite thin, so I'm not sure if it will return to what it was before cancer. If you are growing your hair longer, I think pulling it back tight using scrunchies etc might not help. I don't know if that Plantur 39 I see advertised on tv is any good for helping thinning hair.
    Maybe worth a try.

I am not familiar with the drug you are on, but any side effects you may be experiencing I would speak to your Dr or care team about them. They would be able to advise you about things like taking supplements (always check), and what would help to boost your immune system.

Have a good day

x

• Blondie3862Blondie3862 Posts: 3
    I wondered about that shampoo. Methotrexate is a chemo drug used in low doses to help rheumatoid arthritis. 
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you experiencing many side effects from taking it? 

Love the colour of your hair btw, it reminds me of what mine used to look like! 😀x