Home Cancer Forum What's On Your Mind Today?

Good evening..Friday heading into another Bank Holiday weekend.. how has your week been?

SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello friends,

Here we are again, another week gone. Can you believe it, 60 days in lockdown. I am still not sure we have become accustomed to this way of living, it still feels very strange to us in our home. I find the weeks are going by fast, and I wonder where has the time gone, what have I been doing? I look around me and see a ton of jobs! Lol! 😄I guess I am just a lot slower these days! 😄

Living with cancer and cancer treatment has it's own surrealness and we have to become accustomed to a new way of living, whether it is a temporary thing, or more permanent and managed way of life.

I know many are still undergoing treatment, chemo, radiotherapy. For others treatment and operations have been delayed, which is very frustrating, and may cause a lot of anxiety and worry.

If you have had treatment this week, I hope it has gone as well as possible. Friday's are often chemo days, with the weekend being the first few days of a new cycle. As always all of us here are with you, thinking of you, here to listen anytime.

Given the physical restraints of living with lockdown, anyone doing anything different this weekend? Or maybe you live somewhere where lockdown has been lifted in part? However small you think it is?

Part of my weekend is going to be helping my daughter bake, she is going through her cookbook!!! Lots of eating then!! 😄

Whatever you nay be doing, I hope it will be peaceful, bright and sunny.

Chat soon

Lou x

Comments

• JerseyBobJerseyBob Posts: 62 mod

@Sunshinedaff

Good afternoon Lou

Wow, is it really so long since lockdown started. I have been shocked to see how much money we have saved through not going out for meals, to the pub, lunch or shopping trips. The truth is, we have not been too badly affected here in Jersey inasmuch as we have been allowed to go out and to walk along the beach from the very beginning. The virus has almost gone here now and businesses are opening again and restaurants and cafes are open though only where they have outside areas and can observe the social distancing. Our big issue is when the Island will be opened to tourists again. Ferries and flights are not operating in and out and we are waiting to see when that will change and how it will be managed.

Like you, I worry that people needing cancer treatments are having treatments cancelled or delayed. We know that some community members are suffering this way and it must be a very anxious and worrying time.

Enjoy the baking Lou. Mary is making crumble tonight - she tried one last week and it was really tasty so it is a regular on the menu now. I also have a little bottle of my Portuguese beer which needs drinking. I will pay for it tonight, but it will be worth it. 😁

Rob xx