[CLOSED] Giveaway - Defiant Beauty Sacral Chakra Balance

Just in time for Christmas - get this Defiant Beauty essential oils gift set worth £75!

The Sacral Chakra Balance gift set includes 3 gorgeous products with a unique relaxing essential oils blend to help you wind down: a luxurious bath oil, a soothing foot soak, and a relaxing reed diffuser.

To enter, simply give us your top tip for coping with cancer during the festive season.

We'll pick a winner at random on Wednesday 12th December.

Comments

• VixieVixie Posts: 2
    Try & schedule in naps.  Meditate & eat well, all this extra fun festive meet-ups take it out of you 😥. Rest, facial oils & lots of water & then we can go
    out & enjoy festive fun ! 
  • ArchieArchie Posts: 1
    Rest, look after yourself and let someone else do the Christmas dinner!
  • DebraDebra Posts: 3
    Need to plan ahead and plan in relaxation time so that you give yourself the best chance of being able to enjoy the special times with your loved ones making memories 
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, I just saw this, I posted somewhere else!

One thing I would say is don't sweat if things are not the same or aren't how they usually are for you at this time of year. We probably all have our particular favourite things or traditions we like to do, but to be honest, sometimes its best to let them be,(just for now) especially if you are in chemo. Rest, rest, and more rest. As much as possible. 

• BevSBevS Posts: 5
    Just let those around you know how you are feeling, if you need to leave a gathering or to rest - they will understand. Don’t overbook yourself, some traditional get together may need to be missed, just for this year. Most of all ENJOY yourself 😄
  • gillhgillh Posts: 2
    Firstly, enjoy it. Secondly, take it easy, don't overdo it. Let others do the running around and if you need to take a nap then do so! Above all, savour every moment and forge memories to sustain you for the new year ahead. XX
  • Blondie3862Blondie3862 Posts: 3
    Let others do the chores, shop online for food and presents to save your energy. Pace yourself so not to overdo things. Have some healthy snacks in the fridge. Make a flask of hot tea or coffee, so that you dont need to get up and down, if youre needing a sofa day. Sit back and enjoy the uplifting christmas films on Netflix, Now TV or Prime video. Worth the money whilst resting. Can cancel subs at anytime x
  • Kazml70Kazml70 Posts: 1
    Be grateful for everything you have. Keep smiling and be positive.  Plan in advance. Xx
  • MagsrubyMagsruby Posts: 3
    Listen to your body ! .......accept offers of help from friends and family .....join an online group ! You are not alone ! .....surround yourself with love , and if you can ....EAT CHOCOLATE 🍫🍫 😉 x
  • JulieJulie Posts: 3
    Greatest gift of all talk to loved ones and friends and be there At Christmas if able to. If not send loving messages to all those close. Christmas is a time to enjoy relax reflect and give to others and not just presents. This is my first Christmas with serious illness so will be different but still special 
  • Everywhere has the heating on full blast!   take a hand fan wherever you go!  
  • BettybooBettyboo Posts: 5
    Get all your presents online. Means you can relax at home and not have the added stress of battling crowds, finding a space and exhausting yourself. Sit on the sofa, PJs on, and Christmas tunes playing 
  • LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 361 mod
    @Bettyboo

Sounds delightful!  :)
    @LouiseJ

I tried to do an actual shop this year but it was too cold and I was knackered after 90 mins. Much prefer the comfort of my sofa 👍🏼
  • Thank you everyone, these tips are so helpful! Wishing you all a very chilled-out and peaceful Christmas, with plenty of downtime to recover from the seasonal chaos outside!

We've selected a winner at random - congratulations to @Bettyboo ! We'll be in touch by email to arrange posting your prize to you in time for Christmas. 

We're just about to launch another giveaway so if you weren't lucky this time, feel free to try again - we know you have more Christmas tips in you! :) 

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 361 mod
    Bettyboo said:
    @LouiseJ

I tried to do an actual shop this year but it was too cold and I was knackered after 90 mins. Much prefer the comfort of my sofa 👍🏼
    @Bettyboo

Hi Heather, 
    I don't blame you, it seems all the shops these days offer online shopping anyway.
    More importantly, if you are in the middle of treatment, or immune suppressed, its crucial to steer clear of places and people where germs etc are running riot. A warm, crowded department store or shop becomes a breeding ground for germs to thrive!

x :)

@emilyrose YAY thank you so much. I’ve never won anything. Xx

@LouiseJ yeah I pretty much only go into shops for clothes now to try them on. Xx 
This discussion has been closed.