Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

COVID-19 Hormone therapy

GoodyersGoodyers Posts: 2

Hi

i have the C-19 app that I report daily to the research run by Kings etc.

Today I was asked some new questions about my periods and about Hormone replacement therapy etc. However there was no option for people in endocrine treatment such as Tamoxifen. The researchers are looking into whether oestrogen helps protect women. I wanted to get in touch with the research body but can’t. Just wondering what other people have read or heard?

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 678 mod

@Goodyers

Hi,

I haven't heard anything about this, so am unable to give you any information regarding it. Perhaps someone else will have some knowledge of it.

Hope you are doing ok otherwise, you are very welcome here in the community. Everyone is very friendly and supportive.

Best wishes

Lou

• GoodyersGoodyers Posts: 2

Thank you Louise. Who knows if and when there might be an answer to my question!!

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 347 Community Admin
    edited May 11

Hi @Goodyers,

Welcome to our community!

Mmm, I cannot answer your question unfortunately either. However, I wanted to let you know we have an expert on another community of ours who can answer questions about HRT specifically. She's called Diane, she's a nurse practitioner and has her own menopause clinic.

You can ask her under the following link (on our Menopause Forum), if you like:

Not sure if this helps! Hope you're staying safe. x

Best,

Blanka