Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

UPDATED: RENAMED: Gardening, 'all shapes and sizes, hints, tips and pics' thread!

Comments

• Chilali1531Chilali1531 Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

Dear Jackie & Lou

Thank you so much for your birthday wishes, the lovely flowers & cute cat!

I had so many messages yesterday in various forms & was on the phone much of the day. The nurses were great & sang Happy Birthday, both the traditional version & Stevie Wonders'- they were dancing around the room. I videoed them!

Yesterday I also got some v good news - my cancer is in remission & I don't need a bone marrow transplant ! So that was the best birthday present I could've hoped for !

Ive got more energy and as soon as my immunity reaches a certain level they'll let me out. Hopefully in the next few days. So we ll have a little celebration then.

Thats funny about the fox slippers Jackie. My son Daniel asked me when he was 4 if holly bears really existed ( " the holly bears a berry ...") I kept a little book of my children's funny sayings which I still have today.

That's nice you have a balcony Rob. Maybe you can have a few plants on it.

Did any of you get neuropathy when you were treated? I had it just in my toes & finger tips but this week it's gone right up to my thighs.It doesn't hurt but it's a numb tingly sensation & it feels as if my toes & legs are covered in cotton wool. V bizarre.

Hope the weathers nice for you so you can potter around the garden ( or balcony!)

Big hugs, Ali xx

The nurses singing Happy Birthday & dancing !

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chilali1531

Hi Ali,

Awesome news!!!! 😊😄👏👏👏😄

Absolutely fantastic, what a brilliant birthday message to receive from the doctors.

Such good news for you!

I am cheering and whooping here for you.

Now you can have even more of a celebration when you get home.

That is so kind of the nurses to serenade you, for your birthday. It must be tough for everyone who has to endure hospital stays which include special occasions.

Yes, neuropathy is very common I have found. I have it and I know others here do too. It can be very painful, I am glad yours isn't though.

The weather here in the UK is it's usual summery self......raining!!! 😂.Lol.

🤗🤗

Chat soon,

Lou xx

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭

@Chilali1531

O Ali, I’m so pleased for you!! What a wonderful birthday present from the wonderful Doctors and Nurses! They are such special souls. So pleased that your Energy is returning Ali. You will really have something to celebrate when you go home to Peter and Chili. 🎉🍹🍹

That’s a good idea recording those lovely little sayings! Love Daniel’s Bear comment! So sweet. My daughter Amber used to say “Capburys chocolate”, still does sometimes! Haha. I now have all those lovely little things to experience again now with the four grandchildren. They are such a blessing.

I shall be so excited for you when you finally get to go home. I hope it won’t be many days now.

Well done Ali.

Love Jackie xxx🙋‍♀️

Hi Lou,

How are you doing?

Lovely picture of the flowers. Yes that cat in the madk was sweet!

Can’t wait for the sun to return, although it was very hot by the end of last week. 🌞

I have had a really tiring week , not really doing much so hopefully nothing amiss! Sleeping a lot! I had a blood test pre-scan For which I’m waiting to hear about a date for the scan. Maybe it’s phsycological ? Be good to get that out of the way! I still have my tingling in toes and fingers and my grip is not very strong these days but I have got used to that. Do you still have pain in your feet and hands?

I hope Phoebe and Hannah are coping with the Covid restrictions. I know my teenage neice and nephew are finding it difficult not being with their school pals although keeping in touch on line.

Has Mark been working through it? Norman has, although 300 were furloughed in his company. They are now asking if anyone wants to go voluntarily. Not enough of a good offer to go though, not even the Government minimum. Hope they don’t start enforced redundancy.

I’m looking up Japanese style gardens on line. I have a stoney front patch and a few plants that might be suitable so thinking of creating a tiny Japanese style nook! Need to collect some nice pebbles! Things you do to entertain yourself! Your sunflowers are romping away! I hope they fare well im the wind. Mine is sooo tiny still. I don’t think it will reach much of a height but we will see. My tomatoes are flowering, they were late contenders so I hope they will be ok. They were overspill from Amber. I love homegrown tomatoes!

Well I think I had better go and do a bit of ironing before the worker comes home for tea bless him.

Have a nice evening.

Take care Lou lots of love

Jackie xx 🙋‍♀️

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 686 mod

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie,

How are you today?

Sorry to hear you are feeling tired more and still having neuropathy in your hands and feet. I do still get it too, this week I have had to wear my compression sleeve as the pain in my arm and hand is quite bad.

Yes, me too! I am looking forward to the hot weather returning, which I hope will be soon.

I have managed to prop up the sunflowers now by circling them with four garden chairs! lol! So far, so good! Prior to that they were falling over all the time. They just keep growing though. We have tons of tomatoes growing now, and the cucumber flowers have begun growing cucumbers! very exciting! lol. I think I have said it before, just call me Barbara, hahaha 😂.

My neighbour just popped over with a punnet of fresh raspberries from their garden, so very kind.

Mark is still working from home, I think that will happen for quite some time too with his job. The girls are ok, they are not in a hurry to return to pre-lockdown life. In fact we will have a job getting Phoebe out of the front door, she is so nervous.

The ironing never seems to go does it, I did a load the other day, and now there are two loads of washing on the line, again, no doubt a lot of it needing the once over! haha. I usually do the ironing whilst watching TV to make the time go faster.

I hope you are having a good day today,

Chat soon, sending lots of love,

Lou xx

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,194 mod
    edited July 1

@Chilali1531

Good evening Ali. I really have to apologise for overlooking your birthday. It was unforgivable, especially as you were not able to be at home with Peter and Chili. At least you had lots of messages and some fun with the nurses. Anyway, happy belated birthday wishes.

Mary and I are just thrilled to know that your cancer is in remission. It is just the best news we have had for a long time. We have opened a bottle of champagne we just happened to have in the fridge and we are sitting on our balcony and toasting you as I write. 🍾🥂🥳🥳💕💕

With Love from

Rob and Mary xxx

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie

I am so sorry to hear that you have had a really tiring week and tingling fingers. It sounds rather unpleasant and I feel for you. Your experience is a reminder that being told you are cancer free is sadly not the end of the cancer story.

Your Japanese garden sounds really exciting. It is always really good to have a new project to keep us going, especially when we are not feeling our best. I wonder if your music group is planning to get together again soon. My music is temporarily stalled until we get our new apartment sorted out and I can’t wait to get started again.

Rob xx

@LouiseJ

Good evening Barbara - I mean Lou 🤣🤣

Your sunflower story is fascinating and I am looking forward to seeing the final outcome, not to mention the unlimited cucumbers.

I hope that Mark is enjoying working from home. We have heard today that there are now no known cases of COVID-19 on the Island and things are getting back to some sort of normal with offices opening up again. The real problem is that people in the holiday trade are suffering as we still have no holidaymakers and hotels, cafés etc. are dependent on the locals to keep them going. It is really tough for them.

Chat soon

Rob xxx

Dear Jackie, Rob & Loubara or Barlou - which do you prefer?!

Thank you so much for your good wishes & congrats both for my birthday & my remission ! I've had so many people sending me messages I feel like the Queen !

Im pleased to say they let me out of hospital on 2 July & it's wonderful to be home. You really do appreciate the little things when you've been confined to a hospital room for so long. I've had a lovely time going around the garden inspecting all the plants & seeing how much they've grown. We only have 1 tomato plant but it's full of green cherry tomatoes. Our 2 green pepper plants are full with quite big peppers & the cucumber plant has tiny ones growing. How exciting - we've never tried growing either of those before! The sunflowers are about to come out but they're quite small, about a metre high, maybe as they're in small pots. Some of the cacti are in flower. And the dahlias & agapanthus are in full bloom.

A friend has arranged a lunch outside for me today with a few friends & tomorrow we re having a barbecue with Hannah, Daniel & partners. The weather has promised to be sunny & around 25c which is perfect. I'll have to pace myself & go for a lie down if I need one. I'm still a bit weak & supposed to take things slowly !!! I feel pretty good actually, just my leg muscles which are killing me - we have 2 floors in our house so two flights of stairs & I feel as if I've run a marathon! It always takes a while to get those muscles back.

Hoping you're getting some better weather, I've heard it's been cold & not too nice up there 💦

Happy pottering, Ali xx

• NanaBubblesNanaBubbles Posts: 116 ✭✭✭

@Chilali1531

Hi Ali

Firstly a very belated Happy Birthday but so thrilled for you that your cancer is in remission and you are home! Brilliant news! Congratulations and hope that you enjoy your lunch with your friends - very special! I also hope that you will regain your strength and vitality before too long and can get back to enjoying life again.

Your garden looks wonderful and that hibiscus is a gorgeous colour! I have posted some photos of my garden as it looks now on the Creative thread - wrong place really but never mind!

Take care of yourself.

Love

Michele x

@Chilali1531

Good morning Ali,

Hooray!!! Home at last! I am so pleased for you. It must be such a relief to be back at home. So lovely to see Chilli watching you, I expect the welcome home was enormous! 😄. I guess it will take a little while to become stronger in your muscles, after all that bed rest, but yes, pace yourself. You might end up feeling like y

That is so lovely of your friends to arrange a celebratory lunch for you. I hope you have a wonderful day today with the family too.

I can well imagine you inspecting the garden and checking the growth out, it is what I do immediately whenever I have been away for a time.

Those peppers are very impressive, I haven't tried to grow those yet. Maybe next year, keep them in the greenhouse to get maximum warmth perhaps.

The cacti are HUGE! The hibiscus is so pretty, a beautiful colour.

Yes, the weather here has been, shall we say, less than good!! I would like to get in the garden today, we did a little tidying yesterday in-between the rain drops and howling gales!! 😂

I hope you get great sunshine today, and have a wonderful day.

Chat soon,

🤗🤗

Lou xx

@Chilali1531

Hi Ali

I trust that you enjoyed/are enjoying your barbecue with your family and are loving being back home in familiar surroundings.

Your garden looks wonderful, so full of colour and Chili looks really happy to have you home again. It must have been really stressful for her not understanding why you went away without her.

Enjoy your lovely weather. It has been cold and windy here but we are still trying to figure out where to put everything so we have been pretty busy indoors.

Rob x

Hello all

I apologise for the rather long gap. I had trouble resigning into the forum for some reason. It seems ok now.

Ive been back home over a week now & legs are still a bit wobbly. We went to mountains for 3 days which was lovely, more hollyhocks coming out & lots of raspberries. Made some what I call “ yoghurt jam” which is between compote & jam. Had some wonderful thunderstorms which is to be expected in the Pyrenees. After 35c in Toulouse I quite enjoyed a cool 18c !

Chili had a lot of fun playing with her pal Spike, à border collie mix who lives next door, especially in the river just below the house.

Back to Blagnac where our cacti are flowering again, a different one this time.

Thank you all again for your wishes of “recuperation “.

Ali xxx

@Chilali1531

Hello Ali 😊, it is great to hear from you! I was just about to message you when I got the notification you posted! I have been wondering how you are, it feels like an absolute age since we all chatted. It probably isn't really, just feels that way.

So glad to hear you had a good time in the mountains, resting and relaxing, do you have to go in to hospital again soon for another round?

The raspberry 'yogurt' sounds delicious!

Sorry to hear your legs are still a bit wobbly, have you found it longer to 'bounce back' this time round?

It is very changeable here, a usual British summer! We've just had torrential rain and a thunderstorm just now, but now the sun is out, sort of, and it is quite warm.

I must take some up -to-date photos of the plants, the sweetcorn is out of the greenhouse now, and is growing ears, the sunflowers must be over 12 foot tall, some are just starting to reveal some yellow! I have one or two tomatoes turning red, several cucumbers almost ripe, and I think the beetroot is really done now! lol. The rhubarb which I am not picking this year is growing like mad! All the blackcurrants are harvested now, and in the freezer waiting to be used for jam, I have a few strawberries still in flower, but most of them have come through now already.

This growing your own lark is hard work, hahaha. But so very enjoyable.

I meant to ask you are the peppers you are growing bell peppers or hot chilli ones?

Hope you are having a good day today,

Chat soon,

Lou xx

Good evening everybody

Hi Ali @Chilali1531 Lovely to hear from you and great to know that you were able to spend some time in the mountains. Love your pics as always. A neighbour has hollyhocks growing rather well but she does not have such a stunning backdrop. I am not surprised that your legs are still a bit wobbly after everything you have been through. Hopefully, things will really start improving now.

My goodness Lou @LouiseJ Your garden sounds like a feast and something from the Good Life. Let’s hope you can keep the local animals away from all that grub. It must be a real joy to see everything flourishing thanks to all your hard work.

The new TV arrived today and the guys had an awful job getting it fixed on the wall but they got there in the end. It is rather large and I am really looking forward to watching some soccer on it tonight together with a Portuguese beer and a packet of hula hoops. How the other half live 🥳😂

Cheers

Rob xx

Hello Dear Friends,

Sorry to have been absent for a while. I have spent a very pleasant time catching up with all your lovely photos and comments. @Chilali1531 Ali So pleased to hear your brilliant news about your remission and that you felt like A Queen for the day! You certainly deserved it with all that you have been through. I wish you strength and happiness for the future and of course good health! Well done! Your Hollyhocks, LOVE your boots!! and the mountain pictures look fabulous. It’s so good to share in your good news, it’s a real tonic! Take care have a lovely day 🌻

@RobertA Hi Rob, Thank you for your last message. I am so pleased that your move to your new apartment went ahead and by now hopefully you are settled in. Your new TV sounds good ! I hope you and Mary enjoy the football and for you your beer tonight. Do have any space for a few pots on your balcony Rob? Have you found some nice places to walk in your new location? It sounds as though you have some nice neighbours. I hope you keep up with your music and maybe you will find some like minded musical folks to meet up and play with when things improve with the c19. We met up in our friends garden and had lovely music practice on Tuesday, first time since mid March. Did us the world of good! I sang 18 songs and we did 3 jigs and reels. Was great! Thought I would be rusty but it came flowing back! Their neighbours said they turned the radio off to listen and enjoyed it! Lots of love to you both. ⚽️🍺

@Sunshinedaff Hi Lou, how are you doing? Looks like you have The Goodlife going on there. Do you have Gerry and Margo next door? 🤣 Your preserves look yummy. Nothing like homemade is there? With the slowdown during lockdown it looks like Mother Nature is fighting back and the earth is taking a breather! I have really enjoyed seeing your photos and hearing about your projects. You have the girls getting into the gardening too! That’s lovely! How is your painting coming on? I was just looking at a lovely one of Zebras and a giraffe in multi colours that I like so I think I will send off for them, buy one, get one free! Bargain! Norman helped me create a little Zen garden on the stones at the front of our house. I was a bit worried it would look twee but we did it anyway haha! We have to sink in the stepping stones this weekend. I will send a picture! I think I will join the bookclub, I’m not an avid reader but have time on my hands and I ought to immerse myself in a good book again, especially on a rainy day when we can’t get in the garden! Take care Lou, hope you are keeping well. 🌻

@NanaBubbles Hi Michelle, how are you doing? Hope you are ok! I’m just going to go over and look at the pictures of your garden now. Have a lovely day! 🌺

Well I guess it’s time I got off and took Jasper out for a walk! Will catch up soon and I must say how lovely snd supportive this site is. We are becoming like one big family!

Wish me luck, I have six monthly full body scan tomorrow! Will be good to get that out of the way! It’s like having a monkey on your shoulder! Hopefully I can push him off after tomorrow!

Love to you All including those not mentioned this time! Will catch up again!

Hello all 🌵

Strange weather here today, grey but hot & cold. Keep taking my jumper off & on.Tiring !

Love the garden Jackie ! Very zen. Thanks for your kind wishes. I love wellies & have quite a collection but they’re v useful as it’s quite wet in the mountains. 🙂Good luck tomorrow for your scan !

I love hula hoops too Rob ! Can’t get them in France tho... I always try to stuff a few in my case when I visit UK. Crisps are my favourite sin food but I have to limit them due to the salt.😟

We live next door to a Barbara & Tom which is great as they keep giving us cuttings & preserves ! I paint them a few stones for the garden.

Lou, your sunflowers sound amazing ! Ours are flowering but only a metre high. Pretty tho. The peppers are bell peppers. Our cucumber has turned into a melon ! We were given it by a friend. It’s growing really well.

Better go, am expecting a few friends for coffe & cake in the garden .

Ali xxx

Thank you Ali.

How funny that your cucumber turned out to be a melon. 🤣

Hope you enjoyed your visit from friends and the cake!

Take care.

Love Jackie 🙋‍♀️X

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie. Yes, we are lucky to have really friendly neighbours who have helped us to settle in very well. Our new home is only a ten minute stroll from our old house so we are in familiar and very comfortable territory. I am delighted to hear that that you were able to get together with the group for a music practice. It must have been a joy for you all and the neighbours too. How did you manage to sing 18 songs in one session? You must have been exhausted by the end. Mary has kindly allocated the spare bedroom for my keyboards and computers. Unfortunately, it is still full of boxes of stuff we haven’t found space for yet so the music has had to take a back seat for the time being.

The zen garden looks lovely. Mary is a bit sad because she had to leave her hydrangeas behind when we left our old house, but she now has a number of small pots and house plants.

It is great to know that you are planning to join the book club and it will be interesting to see what we will be reading.

I trust the body scan went well. These six monthly checks are always a an anxious time.

Chat soon

Rob x

Hi Rob,

I‘m happy for you that your neighbours have been kind enough to help you both settle in your new home. It is good that the area is familiar to you as well.

We really enjoyed our first music meet up. I was amazed that I was able to get through 18 songs straight off. Must be improving, my health!

It will be lovely when you get round to sorting out your boxes in the spare room to use your computer equipment and keyboard again. But Rome wasn’t built in a day as they say. Hope you are enjoying your new TV.

Poor Mary missing her hydrangeas. I expect it’s quite nice not to have so much housework and gardening to do. A few pots will hopefully satisfy the gardening urge.

My scan went well and the scanning dept was very quiet at 6.20 pm. Only 3 of us in there and we kept well apart and wore masks. Better than last year when there were so many people there weren’t enough seats and some sat on the floor! They have stopped accompanied visits now, Norman stayed in the car, so that is much safer. Our new normal! I hope to receive the results soon. Glad it is out of the way now.

We are having a quiet day, poor Norman is under the weather with day two of a virus type thing, very pale, no high temp tho, thank goodness, he thanked Nurse Jackie for checking temp, blood pressure etc and they are normal so hopefully will pass soon.

Lots of love to you both and hope you have a good day.

Love Jackie x🙋‍♀️

edited July 20

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie

I am pleased to hear that your scan went well and I trust that the results will be good. Hopefully, Norman is feeling better now too.

Mary and I decided to rent some storage space in Town so that we can clear the spare room and sort the boxes out at leisure. Can’t wait to get the music going again.

Talking of hydrangeas, we have a long road with rows of hydrangea bushes on both sides. It is appropriately called ‘Hydrangea Avenue’ and I have attached a photo which doesn’t nearly do justice to it.

Love from Rob x

@Chilali1531

Hi Ali

It sounds as if you have a good exchange deal going with your neighbours where you both get something to enjoy from it.

Your sunflowers look great. Sunflowers are such happy smiley flowers and they remind Mary and I of the many happy times we have spent in France.

Pity about the hula hoops but coffee and cake in the garden sounds wonderful.

Rob xx

Hello everyone 🌵

Its baking hot here in Toulouse (34C) so we live in the dark with shutters closed & fans on ! I’ve just finished cooking a chili con carne which was probably a bad idea given the heat. I need spicy things to eat otherwise can’t taste much.

I love your hydrangea avenue Rob - are they all the same colour? I have 2 pink ones in the garden in the Pyrenees, one in a pot so perhaps Mary could have one on the balcony.

Yesterday we went for a day trip to the river Tarn which is about an hour away. It has some lovely stoney beaches where you can swim. Lots of shade too for me. I paddled & collected some flat stones for painting ( quite hard to find). Chili had a blast swimming & chasing after sticks. Not quite as good as going to the sea but ... We saw lots of lovely sunflower fields. Gorgeous scenery around there.

Glad your scan went well Jackie. Im always a little anxious when going into hospital now with Covid. Fingers crossed for results.

A bientôt Ali XX

@RobertA @Chilali1531 @jacksprat_x1 @NanaBubbles @Nixster @Jimjam @Anneb

Good evening lovely friends,

I am sorry I haven't been around here for a few days, I have seen all your lovely news and photos though, and I will probably forget to mention something that I thought of earlier!!

Wow, what a scorcher here too, but not as hot as you have it Ali, I have been in the garden reading for a while this afternoon, and this morning, I did some weeding out the front before the sun got too hot.

Love those sunflowers and pictures of the Tarn Ali, the water look so inviting.

Jackie I am so pleased for you that the scan went well, I will be praying for a good result for you. I know waiting for them is not easy, as it is never very far from your mind. I love your garden arrangement with the stepping stones, very peaceful.

Rob, the avenue looks lovely, it looks like a very peaceful place as well, it is great you have found somewhere to store some of your things. It will give you some breathing space until you and Mary have figured out exactly what you want in the flat with you and the things you don't.

I am determined to take some pics of the garden so far, have started to pick some tomatoes now, they are lush! The cucumbers taste beautiful too.

I am writing this while cooking dinner, fish and chips, yum. Ali, chilli con carne sounds delicious, I keep meaning to make it, but also keep forgetting to buy the kidney beans! it is one of my favourites.

I hope you all enjoy your evenings, need to start watering the plants now...

Chat soon,

😁🤗🌻🌻

Lou xx

• NanaBubblesNanaBubbles Posts: 116 ✭✭✭

@LouiseJ @RobertA @Chilali1531 @Nixster @Jimjam @Anneb

Hello everyone

Just catching up with everyone and loving all the beautiful photos you have posted!

Jackie, glad your scans went well - fingers crossed and praying that you will have good results. When will you know? Will they ring you or will you have a hospital appointment? Your garden looks very zen and peaceful - love your Buddha statues, particularly the one peeping out over the top of the hosta! Geoff has used stones as a mulch on some of our borders and I do think they look good as well as suppressing the weeds.

Rob, your hydrangea avenue is really lovely! A pleasure to walk/drive along! A great idea to store your things until you can get them sorted. It will give you some breathing space apart from anything else which I expect you could both do with after your move. Glad you are able to make some music again and settling in well.

Ali, your photos are lovely and you brought back memories for me of staying with my cousin in Villefranche du Perigord, (more years ago than I care to remember!) when we went to swim in the river Lot - great fun and blissful in the heat! I’m guessing Chilli thought so too! My kids (as they were then) and their cousins would shout out “Quelle belle vue!” from the back of the car whenever we passed any lovely views and there were plenty of them! I loved the fields of sunflowers - such happy faces! There is an annual kids’ sunflower growing competition in our village to find the tallest one grown from the same seed. I don’t need a packet of seed!! Our visiting birds seem to be very generous in distributing them from our feeders as well as other people’s, and I find them popping up in pots and flower beds all over the place!

My full body PeT scans are Tuesday next week with review middle of August. Just hoping to see my lovely usual Oncologist as have had other doctors the past twice - very nice people but my usual chap has seen me since before I started the immunotherapy and has been very supportive, kind, and answered all my questions. I have been quite under the weather recently so will be glad when I get to talk to somebody face to face.

Take care everybody and enjoy the lovely summery weather we have just now!

Love to all

Michele x

Good afternoon everyone 🌞😊🌞,

Another glorious day here.

Managed more gardening on the front before lunch. Now too hot for anything like that!

First pics of cucumbers, first few, and the first tomatoes to turn red.

They were all equally sized, although looks different in photo.

Going off to get those other pics now. 😄.

Lou xx

I'mmmmmm baaaaacckkk!!

😂😂

Beetroot, one huge one, the rest are smaller, but they haven't grown anymore.

Sweetcorn

The sunflowers keep growing, ones by the house above the roof, the others even taller, propped up by garden chairs as one hint of a breeze they go horizontal! Lol. We have one bloom with another starting. I don't know what's keeping them....hurry up!!! 😄😄🌻🌻

Michele I love the idea of you coming across stray sunflowers springing up everywhere! I'd love that. I agree, memories of French fields full of sunflowers is what made them become my favourite flower.

I will be thinking of you on Tues when you have your appointment, I hope you do get to see your fave oncologist. It makes a difference to see someone who is familiar to you and has seen you from the start.

I hope you are all having a good day, chat later,

Lou xxx

Good morning folks !

A cloudy morning here but a small respite from the sweltering 34c yesterday. It’s “only” a mere 23c now at 9am so have opened windows wide to get some fresh air in.

Lou, I can’t believe all your home grown produce ! It’s amazing. The cucumbers look fantastic! You are definitely Barbara ! Loubara - lol 😂

Fantastically tall sunflowers 🌻, I wonder what determines their height? I just don’t get tired of looking at them- I drive Peter mad when we’re out asking him to stop the car so I can photograph them, again ! Stray sunflowers would be lovely !! I love my stray hollyhocks in the mountains which surprise me each year.

My other hibiscus has now flowered & is a lovely delicate peachy pink. The agapanthus & dahlias are past their best & beginning to wilt now.

Im still waiting for a hospital bed- my chemo was due a week ago. Hopefully not too long now. I don’t have one oncologist but a team of about 12, so I could end up seeing any of them depending on the day. I think I’d prefer to have a dedicated one & if you don’t have your questions ready they’re in/out of your room like a shot. But the treatment is v good, the nursing team are lovely & v professional. It’s one of the best cancer research hospitals in Europe so I really can’t complain.

Hoping your results are good Jackie & that your PET scan goes well Michele. Hoping too Rob you’ve emptied a few more boxes 📦!

Enjoy the day, Ali xx

We had an amazing sky this morning at 5h30 !

Good morning everyone 😊🌞

Ali, wow, that is an awesome sunrise photo, it really is. Such beauty in the skies.

The hibiscus is a very pretty colour, very delicate. My agapanthus have just flowered this week. I think I will have to split the pot next year, it may be a bit crowded!

Thank you, we picked a punnet of tomatoes last night, there are a few more almost ready. I don't think I will have to buy any tomatoes from now on until they are finished, unless they slow down in ripening.

I thought you were due next chemo, I am sorry it is delayed, although I am sure you are making the most of being at home etc. I hope your legs are feeling stronger now.

We have another hot day here, always cheers my soul to see the sun.

Have a great day all, chat later,

Lou xx

Hi everyone

I love seeing your photos Ali. You have some staggering scenery in your area. How lovely for Chili to have all that space and freedom to run around in. No wonder she was so happy. The hydrangeas in the avenue are pinks and blues and I have to be careful not to take my eyes off the road when we drive down it as it does carry a fair amount of traffic. I hope that you do not have to wait too long for your next chemo as I am sure you will want to get it out of the way.

Oh Lou, you really do have green fingers don't you. Your cucumbers look great - I love cucumber sandwiches though I always get a strange look when I go into a sandwich bar and ask for one. Your sunflowers are getting a bit scary. Are you sure they aren't triffids?

Hi Michele. We took a few boxes down to the storage room this morning which has opened up some much needed space. We have been getting a bit jaded with it all so we drove down to the seaside and had an afternoon tea in a seaside cafė. We are fully restored now and ready to open a couple more boxes tomorrow.

Love to everyone

Rob xx