Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Carers Corner

Comfy clothes

Rowantree1Rowantree1 Posts: 1
edited May 2020 in Carers Corner

My mother has liver cancer. She currently is only comfortable in her nightie because she can’t tolerate a waistband. She is looking for dungaree/ jumpsuit type clothing that she could wear out of the house. She needs soft jersey style fabric. Any recommendations?

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rowantree1

Hello, welcome to the community, I am so sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis.

I am not sure where you could source the type of clothing you are looking for, I have put a link below which may be helpful.

If the dungarees are not possible, perhaps items with a loose/elasticated waistband rather than a fixed waistband may be better as they will be a looser fit?

I know this isn't necessarily much help to you, I will have a search and see what I can find out.

I hope you and your mother are managing ok during this time, the pandemic and lockdown brings more pressure on those living with cancer.

Take care,

Lou x

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 406 Community Admin

Hi @Rowantree1, I'm very sorry about your mother's diagnosis. Generally speaking, clothes made from bamboo are especially good when undergoing treatment - bamboo is naturally anti-bacterial, hypoallergenic and very soft. I do not have a specific recommendation for a jumpsuit, however I did some digging and this is something I found - might worth a try?

Take care,

Blanka x