Recipes for during chemk

Hi everyone, I came across a recipe that I thought might be of interest to people going through chemo.
https://www.redonline.co.uk/food/recipes/a500880/rachel-allen-s-carrot-ginger-and-coconut-soup/ Soft soup which won’t aggravate mouth sores and ulcers. Ginger to help with nausea. Rich flavours to combat the lack of taste buds. Looks like a winner to me 👍🏻👍🏻 

Does anyone have any recipes they would recommend for fellow chemo patients? 

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 257 mod
    Hi everyone, I came across a recipe that I thought might be of interest to people going through chemo.
    https://www.redonline.co.uk/food/recipes/a500880/rachel-allen-s-carrot-ginger-and-coconut-soup/ Soft soup which won’t aggravate mouth sores and ulcers. Ginger to help with nausea. Rich flavours to combat the lack of taste buds. Looks like a winner to me 👍🏻👍🏻 

Does anyone have any recipes they would recommend for fellow chemo patients? 
    Hi @TickOffBreastCancer

I just had a look at this, it sounds delicious. I'm going to give this a go, will let you know how it turns out. Very simple recipe. Thank you for sharing it.

I have seen a recipe book, The Royal Marsden Cancer Cookbook, I haven't used the recipes myself, but I have seen some good reviews on it. Some of them look really delicious. It has lots of helpful information too, not just recipes. The recipes are written by a range of 'cooks/chefs', not just one person. Think I am going to try them out too. 
  • Louise I definitely recommend that cook book. I still use it now after treatment 👍🏻
  • LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 257 mod
    @TickOffBreastCancer

I am thankfully through the other side of this. But I love cooking, funnily though during chemo, I struggled to eat anything more than toast and marmite! And don't talk about coffee!! (my fave, but disgusting while on chemo hahaha). I think a lot of these recipes are so nutritious it can only be a good thing to use them.  :)