Homeβ€Ί Cancer Forumβ€Ί Cancer Coffee Break

#TwoPointSixChallenge - join us from this weekend!

Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 319 Community Admin
edited May 14 in Cancer Coffee Break

Happy Friday everyone!

This weekend some of us from the Live Better With team will be taking part in the UK's #TwoPointSixChallenge to raise awareness and support some of the UK charities who've been affected due to the coronavirus.

From 26th April (this Sunday), we'll be completing a series of fun tasks involving the numbers 2.6 and 26 (in our own homes, of course πŸ˜‰) and we'd love if some of you could join us too on here!

We've come up with the following challenges:

πŸ’š bake 26 cookies

πŸ’š run 2.6 kms

πŸ’š do 26 squats with an unusual item

We'll be posting some pictures of us under this thread from Sunday! Do you think we can complete the challenges? (Hint - not everyone in the team can bake and I certainly cannot run 2.6 kms in a row 😁).

Who's up for joining? You can do anything as long as it involves either 2.6 or 26!πŸ‘‹

Best,

Blanka and Team Live Better With x

What is the #TwoPointSixChallenge?

"The Covid-19 pandemic has had a catastrophic effect with the cancellation of thousands of events and the loss of billions in income through fundraising events.

The Virgin Money London Marathon alone, which should have taken place on Sunday 26 April, is the world’s biggest one-day fundraising event, which raised more than £66.4 million for thousands of charities in 2019. Many of these charities have had to reduce or stop services at a time when vulnerable members of society need them most; thousands of staff have been placed on furlough and many charities will not survive the next few months.

Whether you're running around the balcony for 2.6 miles, doing 26 press-ups with the dog on your back or bench-pressing 26 kilos with your grandchildren, we want your help to save the UK's charities.

Help to inspire the nation by sharing pictures or videos of your challenge on social media using the official hashtag #TwoPointSixChallenge to be part of the campaign." ~ from the official TwoPointSixChallenge website

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Blanka_C

Hi Blanka,

This sounds great!! Like you I won't be running 2.6 anything!! Haha! But I can bake 26 something's! I will get the girls to do the squats! Will that be ok? πŸ˜„.

Lou xx

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 319 Community Admin

@Sunshinedaff

Hi Lou, absolutely!!! I think anything goes as long as it's either 2.6 or 26...I guess I should run 26 metres instead? πŸ˜‚

Can't wait to see those unusual items haha! x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Blanka_C @Sunshinedaff

Hi Blanka

What a fantastic idea. Not sure what I can do but I will give it some thought. Maybe 26 squats on a spring.πŸ˜‰

Rob x

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 319 Community Admin

Good afternoon everyone!

Hope you had a lovely weekend. Here's the first completed challenge - 26 cookies (or what's left of them lol πŸ˜‚), baked by Tamara, our CEO! πŸͺπŸŽ‚

We have the other two challenges left still! 😜

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 593 mod

Good afternoon! πŸ˜ƒ

Over the weekend I did 26 squats as part of my P.E sessions, sorry no photos though, but the evidence is in the feeling I have in parts of my body! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Today I am baking, 26 pieces of Chocolate Orange Tiffin, photos later, as it is still setting. Oh and I made a huge chocolate cake, I guess I could divide it in to 2.6 slices! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

The chocolate cakes look delicious Tamara!

Hope you are having a great day,

Lou xx

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good evening! πŸ˜„

Here are the Chocolate Orange Tiffen slices 26 of them! Mmmm yum, yum! πŸ˜‹

And the chocolate cake, decided against 2.6 servings...just a tad greedyπŸ˜‚.

Lou xx