Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

KathY

HOW DO I KNOW IF MY LETROZOLE IS WORKING ?   I ask this because I have no side effects whatsoever.   Nothing at all has changed within my body that I am aware of.  It's as though I am taking a placebo.  Is this normal ?

Comments

• cosiecosie Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Hi @KathY I'm not an expert but I think the only way to know would be to wait for your next test/scan?  Is that soon?
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @KathY

If I were you I would mention it to your GP/Oncologist or Cancer nurse when you next see them. Obviously there are several possible side-effects but we are all different and so our experience of meds can be very different. I have been taking Letrozole for almost a year. I was on Tamoxifen until it caused other issues, so my oncologist switched me to Letrozole. To be honest I don't think I have any more symptoms with Letrozole than I did with Tamoxifen. I was already having hot flushes, pains in joints and bones etc. I guess it also depends where you were on the menopause spectrum, I wasn't until chemo, so things like hot flushes etc was all very new to me.
    But if you have any concerns speak to your Dr/ Nurse. 
    On a positive note I am glad you are not suffering from side-effects.