Homeβ€Ί Cancer Forumβ€Ί Cancer Coffee Break

Things to do in self-isolation! Share a photo of your day

blankazsanna5blankazsanna5 Posts: 11 ✭
edited May 13 in Cancer Coffee Break

Hi friends,

I was wondering what everyone's doing to keep busy at home in the current situation. Are you becoming an excellent cook? Reading a great novel? Doing some exercise in the garden?

Let's share some photos here of our daily activities! 😊

I'll start - here's last night's dinner I made. I have much more time to cook now and find it very calming.

Look forward to seeing your photos xx

Β«13

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone 😊,

This is a lovely idea Blanka!

This morning I have spent a little time on my long-term cross-stitch project. I have been doing it since 2017! Lol! πŸ˜„ You never know I may get it finished this year!

I have also almost completed my Sunflowers painting, just one more sunflower to go!

As the garden centres are closed I also bought some seeds last week before lockdown so I can grow my own plants and flowers!

Looking forward to seeing other people's photos!

πŸ˜„

Lou x

• JulieM86JulieM86 Posts: 9 ✭

Hello lovely people ❀️

To kick off 12 weeks indoors, I decided today to bake bread. Never done it before - made a cheese bloomer and an olive cob .... got to be honest, they don’t taste that great πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ don’t think any bakers out there need worry that I’ll take their jobs once isolation is over!

Keep Smiling everyone 😘

Julie xx

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27

@blankazsanna5 @Sunshinedaff @JulieM86

Good evening everyone.

Well, Blanka. What a lovely delicious and healthy dinner, beautifully presented too. πŸ˜‹Just one thing. Where is the wine?🍷🀣.

Wow Lou, your cross stitch project looks lovely. Haha, three years isn’t bad. I’m still editing a movie I made of our holiday of a lifetime touring New Zealand in 2013. I took over 6 hours of film and I am still trying to edit it down to around 40 minutes. I got it out yesterday - we look so young. 🀣

Hi Julie

Well, they look great. I love olive bread and I like the sound of cheese bread too. I bet you are being modest.

I have decided to teach myself to play the guitar. I think it is a good way to ensure social distancing. πŸ™€πŸ€£Mary says thank goodness it is only acoustic.

Olé

Rob xx.

• JulieM86JulieM86 Posts: 9 ✭

Good for you Rob, sounds a fantastic hobby, keep playing, keep practising.

Music feeds the soul 😍

Have a fab weekend all

Julie xx

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 593 mod

@blankazsanna5 @RobertA @JulieM86

Good morning lovely friends,

Wow, Julie, the bread looks fabulous! You can't beat the smell of fresh bread baking! Blanka, your meal looked delicious, we are all going to become more of a nation of foodies than we already are! Haha!

Rob, Hahaha, you are so funny, definitely helping to maintain the social distancing! I reckon starting the violin would be more effective! πŸ˜‚ Mark got his guitar out yesterday too! I love playing the guitar!

I hope you all have a good day whatever you find to do! β˜€οΈπŸ˜Ž

Lou x

Good evening everyone.

I’ve been doing a bit of work on the family silver today. We haven’t got much but I found an old Jersey milk jug which from the hallmark is dated 1890.

Jersey is famous for the Jersey cow which produces thick and creamy milk and the milk jug is typical of the period.

Might need a day off tomorrow. πŸ˜‰

Rob x

@RobertA

Hi Rob,

Wow that has come up well! Do you have lots more? Or maybe not say, bit risky!😁

I have some silver from my grandmother in the garage, it is wrapped up in newspaper! Probably not the best thing, but never mind. I used to clean it often, before we moved, but not since. haha!

So what are you doing today? I might start my next painting, decided it will be a dolphin scene.

Have a good afternoon,

Lou xx

@LouiseJ

Hi Lou

Well, today I have started learning to play Bohemian Rhapsody on the piano. I think I can play the intro now, but I will need to try and memorise the notes next. I find that if I can do that, I can look at the keyboard and so will be less likely to hit wrong notes. 🎹 It is a long tune and gets faster later on πŸ€”

I need to brush up on ‘Happy Birthday’ too. It is Mary’s birthday on Sunday and she won’t let me out on my own so I can’t get her anything. πŸ˜• Will have to send her an E card and sing.

Look forward to seeing your next painting.

Rob xx

• Nick__smithNick__smith Posts: 5 ✭

I've built a fish pond, decorated the kitchen. And am learning Spanish.

And I'm reading Steven Kings the institute. I'll soon have run out of things to do

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 319 Community Admin

Hi @Nick__smith, welcome to the community!

Wow, that pond is just lovely!! How long did it take? Are you planning to get some fish too?

Funny, I cleaned ours this weekend - Saturday was all about the pond, haha. It took HOURS, but the end result was definitely worth it. I'll take a picture and share. I also touched a frog by accident! 🐸

Speak soon, Blanka x

Lol bet the frog was glad. The pond only took 3 days. But I need more soil to put round the edges to fill it in. It has 11 goldfish in that we had in a previous pond.

@Blanka_C @Nick__smith

Good afternoon!πŸ˜ƒ

Hahaha! Blanka you made me laugh, touching a frog! lolπŸ˜‚ At least you didn't have to kiss it!πŸ˜‚

Nick, hard work digging out for a pond , I remember my dad doing ours up at the family home years ago. He would spend hours fixing it up, sorting out filters pumps etc. Then there's the fish!

It's been a good few days to get some jobs done on the garden though. I hope you are keeping well away from the virus.

This weekend I made hot cross buns, and red velvet cupcakes. Then my daughters decorated them, you'd think they were 5yrs old! Very funny!

Lou x

@Nick__smith @Blanka_C @LouiseJ

Good evening

Hi Nick, Encandado de conorcerte and welcome to our friendly group. It sounds as if you have been keeping busy. Your kitchen is sparkling. I am also learning Spanish, but building fish ponds and decorating are beyond my capability.πŸ˜‰.

Haha Lou, I love the bit about kissing the frog. By the way, your garage must be huge - the only thing you haven’t got in it is a car. πŸ˜‰

Hi Blanka, I am looking forward to seeing your pond. You are all putting me to shame with the hard work you do whilst I prefer to play.

Mary is talking about doing a Spring clean tomorrow and as we are in lockdown, I can’t do a disappearing act. I will be delegated the dusting and hoovering.

Rob x

@RobertA @Nick__smith @Blanka_C

Haha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚...

All I can hear is 'I want to break free' πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Perhaps you should learn that too, as well as Bohemian Rhapsody! πŸ˜„

I love it Rob, almost made me spit my wine out! Almost but not quite..haha

xx

edited April 6

@RobertA @blanca@blancaο»Ώ_c

Hi, I recognise that in the top line as Spanish, but I've not learned that bit yet, but I could tell you your shirt is pretty. Lol. I like the photo of you doing the hovering. When I was doing the pond, I had Queen playing on my alexa to keep me motivated. I've bought a flag pole to install in the back garden next. So I'm still keeping busy.

Stay safe everyone

@Nick__smith @Sunshinedaff

Hahaha, that pic made me laugh so much @RobertA! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I’m yet to take a photo of the pond, but here’s the frog from yesterday! He returned! His name is Percy lol. I need to keep an eye on Vincent (my dog) not to hunt him down though.

Now I’m off to do some lunch-break gardening! x

Here's another pic the pond is waiting for plants but the water plant place is closed

Hello everyone 😊

Another lovely day!

Pond is looking good Nick!

Enjoy lunch gardening Blanka!

Today's job is cleaning the oven!!! No pics, too shameful!πŸ˜‚.

The shelves are soaking in the bath with dishwashing tablet, detergent, bicarb and vinegar.

The oven doors and insides are coated with the above mixture. I have a horrid feeling it is going to take more than one go! Oh, the shame, the shame πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Smells divine.....not! 😷

Lou x

@Blanka_C @Sunshinedaff @Nick__smith

Good evening everyone

Oh Blanka. I can see why Percy has come back. It looks lovely and green in your garden, and with a nice pond too, what’s not to like.

Hi Nick. I’m sorry to hear that you can’t get water plants. Hopefully, your fish don’t mind too much. Our local pet shop is permitted to open and they have fish and water plants too.

Hi Lou, I guess your oven gets a lot of use with all those mouthwatering cakes you bake.

Well, the dusting and hoovering are done and I even sent off my tax return.πŸ˜‡ Our tax year end is 31st December. So Mary said I can have one drink,

Rob x

• george12george12 Posts: 9 ✭

Eveing all I've been busy in my garden painting digging and laying patio slabs still not finished well I'm in for 12 weeks so have plenty of time to finish it lol

Have a nice evening everyone

Gill x

@Blanka_C @Sunshinedaff @george12 @Nick__smith

Hi Gill

You put me to shame with all that work.Lets hope it isn’t any longer than 12 weeks. Sometimes I think that nobody really knows.

It was actually very warm and sunny here today and we settled for a walk around the harbour which is quite close to our house. We also snuck into the local store for milk and wine. πŸ˜€

Here is a photo of the boats in the harbour. It is really strange that nobody was around but it was eerily quiet. We don’t have any tourists this year yet of course. So sad for local business. The castle in the background was named after Queen Elizabeth 1st by Sir Walter Raleigh who was Governor of Jersey between 1600 and 1603.

Rob x

@RobertA

Hi Rob,

This is a great photo, I can imagine how quiet it must be. Usually at this time people go away for a few days break. Over here the police are patrolling the motorways and main roads leading to major 'holiday hot spots' and turning people back who are still trying to flout the lockdown, thinking they can pop off to their second homes of weekend breaks! Nuts! Very sad for the tourist economy but hopefully once we are out of this many can resume business and have hopefully been able to ride out this storm.

Lou xx

• JerseyBobJerseyBob Posts: 62 mod

@Sunshinedaff

Hi Lou

My second home is shut for the duration, it is called the Adelphi Pub.

Haha, only joking πŸ€₯

Rob xx

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Good evening lovely people

Another Sunny day, though quite chilly.

The grass in the park near our home has not been cut since the lockdown and it is carpeted with daisies. I haven’t seen that for years so I took this pic on my daily exercise run (walkπŸ˜‰) this morning. Remember daisy chains?

Rob X

Good morning everyone, hope you are having a wonderful Saturday so far!

Just wanted to share this pic of Percy the Frog & his family - chilling in the pond at 11pm last night. LOVE IT!

@Blanka_C

Hi Blanka,

Ooh the family is growing! Is that Sid the slug on the side paying a visit?πŸ˜„

Hope you are having a good day.

This is my day so far.. spent a while talking to my sister, we haven't exchanged xmas gifts yet as she had chemo and surgery and was very unwell! She suggested we keep the gifts for this xmas now!

I asked about the xmas cake I had made for her.. silence!!! Haha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. She is very funny about sell by dates etc, etc, none of this go by the smell or colour to see if its off! πŸ˜‚

Decided to unpack said cake and we will eat it! Lol!

Also been painting...dolphins so far...

Lou xx

edited April 18

@Blanka_C @Sunshinedaff

Good afternoon

Oh Blanka, how exciting. You have obviously created a lovely home for Sid and his family. I wonder where they came from? It is amazing how animals! just appear when you provide a suitable habitat for them. Mary would have a fit. She doesn't like slimy things.😯

Haha Lou. That is a great name for the slug. Love the cake. How things have changed since you made that. Don't think I would spend any time worrying about the sell by date. The dolphins look great too and you have done so much already. I hope your sister is recovering well. Does she live near you?

It is very sunny and hot today and there were quite a few people on the seafront this morning so we did not stay out for long.

Rob x

@Blanka_C @Sunshinedaff

Hi Blanka. Just realised I called Percy Sid by mistake. I think Lou derailed me by mentioning Sid the Slug πŸ˜‚πŸ€£