Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Carers Corner

Lymphoma

LillianLillian Posts: 1
edited May 2020 in Carers Corner

My husband had lymphoma and works part time with the public , he had radiotherapy in September, would he be classed as vulnerable, do you think he should self isolate for 12 weeks

Best Answer

Answers

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 781 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lillian

Hi Lillian,

Welcome to the community, thank you for getting in touch.

I am not an expert, and I do think your husband should call his oncologist to verify the situation, but I understand that Lymphoma may be one of the cancers that is deemed to cause a person to be more vulnerable. A friend of mine who had Lymphoma, has received a govt message saying she should self-isolate for 12 weeks. Unless your husband has a role that is part of a key worker position, it is best to follow the govt guidelines and remain at home until it is safer to be mingling with people.

Lizzie our Oncology expert may also have more knowledge concerning this for you, I am sure she will respond as well (@LizzyB73 Thanks Liz!).

I hope both of you are able to remain safe and healthy, please take care,

Lou x

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 406 Community Admin

Hi @Lillian,

Just wanted to let you know that we'll be running a free Expert webinar on cancer & the coronavirus next Monday @6pm with Liz, our Oncology Nurse, and Karin, our Emotional Wellbeing Advisor. We'll cover topics like self-isolation, being at risk, staying safe and mental health.

If you're interested, you can find the details here:

Have a lovely weekend,

Blanka x