Homeβ€Ί Cancer Expert Q&A Hubβ€Ί Managing Day-to-day Life with Cancer

PE Lessons....

LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 678 mod

Good afternoon everyone!

Just about to embark on a PE lesson in the garden with my two daughters and Joe Wicks via youtube! Haha, watch this space, there may be pics! lol 😁

#keepmoving #exercise #funinthegarden

😁

Lou x

Comments

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 346 Community Admin

Hi @LouiseJ,

Hahaha, let us know how it goes! I'm also about to do some exercise, taking advantage of the sunny London weather!πŸ’ͺ

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good morning,

Now don't laugh, but here are a couple of pics from yesterday's PE session with Joe Wicks. It was hilarious, especially as I struggled to do some of them! I am going to have to adopt some of the 'senior' moves in future. My feet and bones don't allow me to do a lot of the exercises! How I wish I had a swimming pool in the garden. It is amazing how much I can do in water but how impossible it is for me on land!! Lol!! I do miss my swimming so much. Apart from a couple of times, I haven't been able to go since August, and now I am so much worse off!! πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯ Sorry!! Moan over!! Apologies!!!

Here for your entertainment.....

How was your exercise Blanka? Better than mine probably! πŸ˜‚

Lou xx

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,174 mod

@Sunshinedaff

Hi Lou

Crumbs Lou, I’m impressed. πŸ€­πŸ‘. I have to admit, I was unable to resist a little smile. Only because you are making the best of these difficult times and still able to have some fun. Can’t say that I will be trying those moves, the hospital staff are busy enough already. 🀣🀣

Rob x

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 678 mod

@RobertA

Morning Rob!

Hahaha!!, 😁, yes I will have to be careful myself! I spent a long time yesterday standing ironing too, then my feet knew it!! Perhaps I should be giving that a miss too, to be on the safe side!!πŸ˜‚

A beautiful day here again, it is so lovely to see the sunshine in the mornings.

I hope you have a good day, chat later,

Lou xx

Good morning friends,

Well, I have just come in from another Joe Wicks P.E lesson with the girls!

Today I managed to do more than the other day! Lol! I adapted some of the exercises to make them more user friendly to my bones! haha! No photos today though!

It is a beautiful day here, the sun is bright, bit more windy, but makes being on lockdown more bearable!

I hope you all have a peaceful day, stay safe as you possibly can,

Lou xx

Good morning!πŸ˜„

Oh my word!!! I can't move! Last night I could barely walk, this morning my muscles certainly know I did PE!! Lol! πŸ˜„

Yesterday afternoon I spent a few hours washing down a wall in our 'outer kitchen' that I spent weeks decorating last spring.( With the incredibly wet winter we have had the water from the outside wall has soaked through completely! Yuk! And very annoying! ).

So this has no doubt also contributed to my reduced mobility today! I think a rest with painting or cross stitch is called for! πŸ˜„

PE again tomorrow! πŸ˜‚

Have a good day all,

Lou x

@Sunshinedaff

Hi Lou

I think a rest might be just what you need. I need one just reading your posts 🀣.

Take care

Rob xx

Good afternoon everyone πŸ˜„. It has been a mixed day here, now beautiful and sunny!

I don't know about anyone else but the clocks moving forward an hour have really messed me up this year! I am not usually affected. Today I woke up at 6.30 (old time 5.30), thought I would read for a bit, then promptly fell asleep again until gone 9am!! Unheard of in our house for me!! Haha!

Consequently, PE with Joe Wicks was done a bit later!

We moved the furniture today to do it in the lounge as it was really cold outside early on.

It is really great fun, I just adapt the exercises if I find one that I can't do.

Anyone else taking part in this?

Hope you have had a good day.

Lou x

@Sunshinedaff

Hi Lou

Haha, a little extra sleep won’t have done you any harm. I was up at 7.30am which is early enough for me.

My PE is limited to 30 minutes with my exercise bands. I’m afraid that a Joe Wicks is just too much for me these days.

We are in total lockdown now. On the plus side, our favourite restaurant is now doing house deliveries of lovely meals freshly cooked and frozen. We have ordered a week’s worth. Well, you have to support local business in these difficult times don’t you. πŸ˜‰Suits Mary too.

Rob xx

@RobertA

Good morning everyoneπŸ˜€

It is another bright morning here, birds are singing away. We have a lovely little robin that visits us every day, and the squirrels have great fun playing in the garden (when the cats are in lol!).

PE again this morning. I must admit my bones and feet were really struggling today, so afterwards we looked up one of Joe Wicks sessions for seniors. It was 10 mins long, and on those days when moving is difficult, I found it very accessible. We used tinned food as weights, which was funny, hearing peaches etc sloshing around in the tin!πŸ˜€.

If you haven't tried it yet, I do encourage you to have a go if going out for a walk or the usual things you do are not possible. It is good fun. I know I don't want to turn into a couch potato, while I can't swim.

Rob, exercise bands are a great way to exercise. I have some of those too, Mark uses them for his shoulder too. Jersey in lockdown too now, I am glad your local restaurant is able to provide meals for people and still continue in some business. It is so difficult for so many businesses, I know there will be some who won't survive, very sad.

Anyway I hope your days go smoothly, if you are venturing out to hospital appointments for treatment and other things, take care, stay strong, we will get through this time.

Chat later,

Lou x

@LouiseJ

Good evening Lou

Oh Mary loves robins -she will be soo jealous. The grey squirrel has not reached Jersey and all of ours are red. I believe the reds are not common in the UK as the greys are too powerful for them.

Haha Lou, you are not letting go on this Joe Wicks thing are you? I am beginning to feel guilty so I will have a look at the sessions for seniors. As it happens, I have been losing weight lately. Since we are not dining out or popping into cafes and eating carrot cake and millionaires shortcake it is probably not so very surprising.

Yes Lou, we will get through this. Mary and I had hoped we would meet up with you this year and maybe that will be possible and maybe not. Either way, it is so so special to have friends like yourself and all of the lovely people who belong to this community. We will make it.

Rob xx

@RobertA

Good afternoon all,

Haha, Rob, no not really! Just encouraging others to keep moving, there are of course multiple exercise helps on youtube and other online apps etc. Of course even the tv stations are resurrecting their tv exercise gurus. The BBC have brought back the Green Goddess, remember her? and ITV are bringing back Mr Motivator! I used to follow his routines in the morning decades ago!!And I got the video.hahahaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Just waiting for Jane Fonda to re-release her exercise videos...feel the burn!! I've done it all!πŸ˜‚

I believe we have the red squirrel on Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour, but apart from some places in Scotland I think the grey squirrels ran them out of town. I know, I love our little robin that comes, and he/she is very brave, comes quite close to us.

By the way had to give PE a miss today as my foot suddenly was agonising, I clearly need to take more care! Note to self!

I know, Rob, one day we will come out and see you and Mary, found out it is cheaper to go from Southampton, Bournemouth is just too expensive even though it is 5 mins away!

I hope you all have had a good day. If you have been out exercising or in your homes, share here!

Lou x

@LouiseJ

Hi Lou

Joe Wicks was on the One Show today and he demonstrated some of his senior moves. I have noted a few of them and I will give them a go tomorrow-or the day after, or maybe Friday. Especially the ones sitting on a chair.🀣

Oh yes, I remember the Green Goddess. Loved her but she must be 80 by now. Are they old videos?

Chat soon

Rob xx

@RobertA

Hi Rob,

Haha, was he! Lol! I was watching Bake off.

See what I mean? They are accessible for everyone! πŸ˜„

The Green Goddess was in person, it was very funny watching her, she did the exercises on a chair. But it was the commentary that was funnier. Definitely for the oldies!! HahaπŸ˜‚

Lou xx

edited April 29

Good afternoon 😁

Anyone else out there trying to keep up with some form of exercise at the moment?

Going for a walk is great if you are able to, unfortunately, walking for an hour for me is not possible anymore.

I found another work out session for beginners, low impact, low intensity. This is perfect for me, and I do it with the girls, they then carry on after and do something else as well! haha!.

Pouring down with rain all day today, so P.E in the lounge it is. Good stuff, after which I carried on baking!

If you are doing anything particular to help keep you moving, let us know!

Hope you are having a good day everyone,

Chat soon,

Lou x

@LouiseJ

Hello Lou

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to go for a nice long walk. Let us hope that it is not too long before you can start swimming again. 🏊‍♀️

It is great to know that you work so hard on your exercises. Sometimes it is quite tough, but I think it is important that we do what we can both for good health and for our mental wellbeing too.

I still do gentle routines with my exercise bands though I struggle just to get up when I am sitting on the floor. I did some meditation with a MacMillan group last year and I was horrified when the leader turned up with mats and little cushions to sit cross legged on during the sessions. After a 10 minute meditation session, she asked me how it had been for me. I said ‘painful’ and after that I was allowed to sit in a chair. πŸ˜€

I am very fortunate that I can walk comfortably and that I enjoy it too. I have a walking app and aim to complete 20 miles a week.

Chat soon

Rob xx

Hello !!

Ok so I know I might have gone on a bit about exercise, etc, etc, I haven't done P.E for a little while, as gardening took priority, and that is hard work and exercise on its own!

At the weekend the trampoline went up. Today I had a go!!! Haven't been in a trampoline for years!!

I started laughing immediately, managed to bounce, even taking my feet off! Haha!

Photo below, not the most flattering, I know! At least there are no photos of me trying to get off!! That is another story altogether hahahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Hahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Lou xx

Ok, so update on trampolining yesterday.. ...

Today my muscles are suffering!! Clearly, in the long term good exercise, but today very painful. Haha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜„πŸ€—

@Sunshinedaff

Hi Lou

Great photos and I truly admire you for having a go at the trampoline. Can you spy on your neighbours when you jump?

I'm not surprised your muscles are suffering and never mind getting off, I don't know how you even got on in the first place.

Mary and I went for a walk on Friday and my walking app told us that we walked nearly six miles. My muscles totally seized up on Saturday and Sunday. I thought it was my polymyalgia rheumatica at first, but I felt a lot better yesterday and I think it was the walk. I thought exercise is supposed to do you good!!

Rob xx

@RobertA

Hahahaha πŸ˜‚, yes I can see right into their gardens, two doors down!! Haha.

How did I get on it you ask?? With a step ladder, holding onto Phoebe!!.

Getting off was a blast, the girls said, just sit down. I couldn't!! Too scared to fall 6 inches hahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚!! So funny!! In the end I sort of flopped, and fell backwards, then had to shuffle forward to the edge, and swing my legs over.

There are no photos of that part!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

You and Mary do go on long walks often, you must both be as fit as fiddles! (Medical state excluded) Not surprised your muscles hurt, glad you are feeling better today though. Ready for another one??!!

πŸ€—πŸ˜„

Lou xx