Home Cancer Forum Diagnosis

Biopsy at Mayo Clinic

timidladytimidlady Posts: 2
edited March 19 in Diagnosis

Is it normal for a biopsy to go to the Mayo Clinic or should I be scared?

Ugh! These results are taking forever. FOREVER. I don’t know if it’s a result of corona virus scare. I had a biopsy done on a labia mass and it was sent to the Mayo Clinic from my local pathologist. The biopsy site seems to have grown new mass. It looks more like a mole now. The surface is bubbles looking but it isn’t an open sore anymore. The growth might mean more like hypergranulation since cancer doesn’t grow after biopsy. But my right side is really bugging me. It feels like I’m wearing a pinching fat suit. I’m trying really hard to wait for biopsy results because it may be cancer spread or liver problems or an ulcer from scared to death. My lowest rib hurts and sometimes my upper thigh or hip bone. It’s uncomfortable. I’ve been doing sun and moon self massage. I think I might buy a heating pad late tonight when the scared people go to bed and get out of Walmart. I’m really irritated and uncomfortable. My company is picking up the truck Thursday. I’m a truck driver. So I’ll have a crazy time getting back into one. I’m so uncomfortable right now. I think I’m going to go back to sleep.

Comments

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 320 Community Admin

Hi @timidlady, just wanted to ask how you're doing? ❤️ Did you hear back about your results?

I unfortunately cannot answer your question on biopsy, but our lovely Oncology Nurse might be able help. You can ask here here:

Hope you're staying safe. How's the situation over there? Here in London it's getting a little scary and it's almost impossible to get essential goods in stores... :(

Chat soon,

Blanka x

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 600 mod

Hi @timidlady

I am so sorry you are in the middle of such a tough time right now, and with the coronavirus raging all around us and for you too, it makes everything more stressful.

I don't have any knowledge about cancer care and treatment where you are. Are you able to call the dr's who took the biopsy and see when a result would be likely? The waiting for these results is by far some of the hardest times. You sound as if you are on your own a lot, is that right? Do you have any family or friends local to you for support? Although obviously maintain a safe distance to protect yourself.

Can you also take any pain relief to help with the pain and discomfort you are experiencing? It is so miserable to feel this way.

I hope you can get some answers you need very soon,

Come and chat again, I know we are in different time zones, but there is usually someone around.

Take care,

Lou x