Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Managing Day-to-day Life with Cancer

The Gym

Ann1995Ann1995 Posts: 4

Brilliant site many thanks for all information looking to go to the gym to tebuild muscle loss in

thighs but not sure as on chemotherapy infusion and tablets for next five weeks with the

coronavirus would it not be wise.

Many Thanks

Tony Seeley

Comments

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 347 Community Admin

@Ann1995

Hi Tony,

Welcome to our lovely Community, so glad you've found us. ❤️

Amidst the current situation it's best to stay at home and not go to the gym. We've had a similar question the other day, let me copy it here:

Question: "I'm receiving chemotherapy. Should I stay at home?" 

Answer by our lovely Oncology Nurse, @LizzyB73:

"In a word, yes as far as possible. It is vitally important that you monitor your temperature if you are on chemotherapy and if it is raised above 37.5 degrees centigrade, then make contact with your health care professionals at the cancer centre you are being treated at. Do not feel you are wasting anyone’s time by not mentioning it. They would much rather you made contact as soon as possible. The government has issued guidance as per above table for social distancing and patients on chemotherapy should adhere to this."

You can read the most common questions from our Community on staying safe, answered by Liz, here.

Please also take a look at the following thread we've put together on latest updates, information and advice: https://community.livebetterwith.com/cancer/discussion/1023/coronavirus-updates-useful-resources-and-advice

Have you thought about doing some home exercise? There are a couple of really good and free ones online, I'll take a look at get back to you.

Most importantly, keep safe. Let me know how you get on!

BW,

Blanka x