Home Cancer Forum Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Lonely

Nettie59Nettie59 Posts: 1

Feel very alone in the evening especially. Lost my husband in January and found out I had bowel cancer just before he died. I don't sleep very well at night.

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nettie59

Hi Nettie,

I am so sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis and loss of your husband, that is extremely sad, and very heartbreaking for you. It is so much to deal with all at the same time. I am glad you have found us, and had the courage to say hello. You are very welcome here, there is often someone online to chat with, across various chats and categories. Everyone is very friendly and supportive, I hope you will get to know us soon.

I hope you have other family or friends around you for support in this time too, the early days of cancer can feel like being in the middle of a whirlwind, there are usually so many different kinds of appointments to attend to prior to starting treatment.

I can understand how the evenings can cause you to feel more alone, and I am not surprised sleep is difficult for you. Is it possible to speak to someone about this?

You are not alone here though, I am sure others will say hi too, there are many here with a similar diagnosis to yourself, and even if it is different we all understand the impact cancer can have on lives.

If you have any questions or just want a chat please don't hesitate to get in touch,

Chat soon,

Lou x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nettie59

Dear Nettie

I am so sorry for your loss and also to hear about your cancer diagnosis.

You have had two terrible blows in a short space of time and it is really no wonder that you feel so alone and are not sleeping at night.

I am pleased that you have found us and have decided to get in touch. This is a very friendly and supportive group and we are always here to help each other.

I do hope that you have family and friends around you at this difficult time. Perhaps you can contact MacMillan Cancer Support or any other similar organisation which may be in your area. MacMillan have been brilliant for me in times of need.

I hope that you will keep in touch.

Rob x